FINANCING YOUR STUDIES CAN BE A CHALLENGE
The SANITI Hardship Grants scheme was set up to assist students in hardship with the basic necessities of life.
WE DO NOT PAY FOR ITEMS LIKE:
• Parking tickets & fines
• Course Fees
• Membership Fees (Gyms/ Clubs)
• Domestic & International Flights
YOUR HARDSHIP SITUATION OR THE BILLS THAT YOU NEED TO PAY MUST BE:
• Short Term
• Threaten your Study
• You have not already accessed the hardship fund within the current year
• You must be employed or seeking employment where appropriate
• You must have sought budget advice
StudyLink provides funding for study in New Zealand. Funding can be provided (depending on your situation) for the compulsory fees attached to your course, the living costs while studying as well as limited course related costs.
To apply online you will need:
• RealMe login or RealMe Verified Identity
• your IRD number
• your bank account details (verified bank statement)
• your email address
• the name of education provider(s) you will be studying at
• approximate course start and end dates
In order to see if you are eligible take the StudyLink eligibility test online.
Making an application for a Student Loan or Allowance.
A. Generate a RealMe login – Some government departments require to have a RealMe identity in order to access their services.
B. Log into the StudyLink website using your RealMe identity.
• First time applicants will have to take the eligibility test.
• Once you have taken the test, you well be directed to supply information needed to determine what your eligible for.
• You will need to supply a current postal address, where you can receive mail from StudyLink (If it’s your first time).
• Fill out all the questions and at the end submit
C. Once you receive a letter from StudyLink by post (if it’s your first time) or a contract by email. At this time StudyLink may also ask for verification of some of the information you have supplied them with. Your partner or parents may be asked to fill out forms as well. You could be asked for such things as:
• Birth certificate
• Bank statement
• Parents earnings
• Partners earnings
D. Send back all the requested paper work. Before you do this look at what StudyLink have asked for. Have you got everything? Make sure everything you send has been verified as true and accurate. You can do this free of charge at your local courts. Or sometimes your education provider can do this. There are two ways return paperwork:
• By post. StudyLink will supply you with an envelope and all have to do is post it back. (Try not to send originals rather the photocopies you get verified). Important sending by post can take at least a week, so if you do this make an early application.
• By Connect. Connect is a way of lodging all your important papers electronically and is almost instantaneous. Check the section on Connect to learn how to register with connect.
E. Once StudyLink have all the information they will process your application. At this stage if they require more information they will let you know. Also if for some reason your application has not been successful you will be notified. You can use MyStudyLink to track your application.
F. Once everything has been confirmed your payments will start.
Realme is an online identity that you need for accessing government services such as StudyLink, Internal Affairs and the electoral commission.
To make an application StudyLink funding you will need a verified RealMe account.
To create a RealMe account you need to:
• Have a valid email address
• Provide a valid mobile number as well as alternative contact
• Create a password
• Choose and answer three security questions
• And create a pin (optional)
Once you’ve done this you’ll need to get your login verified. To get your account verified you need to:
• Log in and follow the steps, you’ll need a mobile phone to authenticate your account.
• You’ll need to enter the details from your NZ passport (issued after 2004), NZ citizenship certificate (issued after 2004), NZ birth details, or NZ immigration details.
• You’ll get an application number by email or text.
• Take the number into a local Post Shop within 14 days a get a free photo which is applied to your account.
• You’ll be contacted with in five working days by email or text to say your ID is verified.
Connect is a service offered by NZ post to electronically lodge documentation with government departments such as StudyLink and Internal Affairs
• Log in using RealMe
• Confirm your email address
• Fill out required fields.
• Download scanned copies for documents